George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Vaillant combi boiler F64 fault. I have had one of these (Turbomax

Vaillant combi boiler F64 fault. I have had one of these (Turbomax Plus 824 or 828E according to instruction manual) for about 15 years. This morning I had a F64 fault message on it which is in the range that the instruction manual says the indication is an "Irreversible electronic system malfunction" and the cause is "electrical system defective". Does anyone know if this is a serious (new boiler) fault or a reasonably easy to fix problem?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Most electrical problems can be serviced, but the cost is normally the prohibitive factor.. The irreversible electronic system malfunction is usually that the main PCB has been damaged... PCBs are usually a costly part and together with the labour charge the cost usually exceeds £300.. The question is really, do you wish to spend that amount on a boiler of that age, and are the parts still available

George-Allsorts :

Do you know the exact model of the boiler as both boilers have different parts?

Customer:

I couldn't see where the exact model number was on the boiler so I was just going from the instruction manual. I have now found phone number of the person who fitted it so he will come and look at it tomorrow so I will see what he thinks is best as to whether it is worth repairing. Thanks