George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Servis M9409 Washer Dryer doesn't heat anymore when drying.

My Servis M9409 Washer Dryer doesn't heat anymore when drying. Is there a reset switch inside or do I need a new element?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

The heater is activated by thermostats and cutouts.. can you tell me if the fan of the dryer is running?

George-Allsorts :

There is a TOC / Reset at the rear end of the heater compartment

Customer: Thanks. Yes it sounds like the fan runs ok. My only concern about the cutout is it didn't stop suddenly. For a while the dryer was very slightly warm. Now it's totally cold
George-Allsorts :

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

OK.. do you have a multimeter?

Customer: Yes but not right now
George-Allsorts :

OK.. you'll need to test the TOC to ensure it is still closed

Test the element to ensure that is still closed

Then test the operating thermostat to ensure that the thermostat has resistance

If you test the element and find that it is open circuit then you'll need to use Dryer Heating Element for Servis

George-Allsorts :

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate my assistance by using the smiley faces that you can see

Customer:

Great thanks George - appreciated.