canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Oven does not heat up and keeps flashing test tried turning

Customer Question

Oven does not heat up and keeps flashing test tried turning off and on to reset no joy
Thank you Alison
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Will you provide the model number?

canuck the pro :

It is flashing "TEST" and that is the only message? Is there any other error message?

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- :

BY 30 31

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- :

It says test or pre then reverts to time

canuck the pro :

I am not finding anything with that model number. Is it a microwave oven or range oven?

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- :

Sorry number didn't work it us b4 30 not 11

canuck the pro :

USB430?

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- :

Not having much luck so will try with spaces b f 3 0 n 3 t 1 1

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- :

Phone keeps predictive texting!!

canuck the pro :

I totally get it! Sent plenty of accidental offensive texts in the past!

canuck the pro :

I will be a minute or two while I review the model.

canuck the pro :

Is there a lock symbol also?

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- :

No lock symbol....any thoughts?

canuck the pro :

Not so far, was still looking for some information on that model. I will opt out and open to other experts in case someone has information sooner than me. When I have something to offer I will opt back in.

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : Hello.... Is anyone there?
canuck the pro :

Hi, sorry for the wait. I had to gather some information about that model. Does the oven ever warm and is it on the PREHEAT setting?

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : Sorry I don't understand. Normally I turn one knob to fan oven and the other knob for temperature. The oven says pre and gets hotter then when it has reached temperature it beeps and you know it is hot enough ... Does that help
canuck the pro :

And now it does not get hot when you try to preheat? Not at all?

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : Bf30n3t11
JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : samsung
JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : No. Not at all but the fan is going round
canuck the pro :

So the issue is either the element is failed, oven sensor has failed or most likely that the control board is needing replacing. Do you have a volt meter and are you familiar with testing voltages?

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : I don't know what a volt metre is or how to test voltage
canuck the pro :

Argh. Well, sorry to hear that. I will say that the most likely is that it is the control board. When you turned it off and on, how did you go about doing that? Did you actually unplug it or just use the buttons?

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : I turned the red main electric switch off
canuck the pro :

You may get lucky if you turn the power off to it for 30 minutes to erase the code but it very likely will come back. I am sorry to say that this will require some diagnosing with a meter. I wish I could tell you it just needed a reset.

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : Ok thanks. I think I will have to get someone round. I thought it must be something to do with a thermostat as the fan works. The light works and the hob works... It is just the oven that doesn't hear up
canuck the pro :

I am able to tell you with confidence that it is the element, sensor or circuit board and it is not a setting.

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : Ok. Well that narrows it down!
canuck the pro :

Samsung would be able to recommend qualified technicians in your area and there is always the possibility that they would warranty it.

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : Ah... Thanks. It is 2.5 years old
canuck the pro :

That figures.....2 year warranty period, eh? That may be close enough that they may cover it anyway.

JACUSTOMER-we7qb7hv- : Ok. Well thanks for your help. I will turn it off over night and keep my fingers crossed
canuck the pro :

You are very welcome. Best wishes. Mike

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Allison, my name is George..

I would like you to try the following that is on only some of the newer Samsung ovens...

Turn both of the outside knobs to '0' and then press the Clock / Timer button for 5-8 seconds until the words are removed from the display.. The oven should then work normally

Do you still require further assistance?

Hello Allison, can you indicate what procedure corrected the problem for you please..