Hi . I'm sure British gas tested it with a gas analyser which would have told them if carbon monoxide was present, which is the dangerous gas . it may not be a gas smell but just a gasket that is heating up and giving off a smell .
If it was my boiler , I would buy a carbon monoxide alarm and placec it above the boiler. If you can afford it , maybe its best to have it replaced for peace of mind. If you can't then a monoxide alarm and smoke alarm above the boiler
Thanks for your reply - We have a CO alarm and there is no problem with CO. I think there has been a slow escalation of this current Smell/gas problem over several weeks as it would explain a lot of minor 'illness' problems.It has got much worse in recent days. I can now 'taste' this gas now in my mouth. Tastes like
like Sulphur Dioxide. and where ever I go I can smell it on my clothes or maybe my hair. is there any agency you know who could come in and test it
Hi . do you think it could be coming from a drain. As sulphur dioxide smell is produced from certain drain cleaners