George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a CTN464 series induction hob which replaced a normal

I have a CTN464 series induction hob which replaced a normal ceramic hob. it has started to cut out at times giving the code LE on the display. the original was fitted prior to us living here and looking in the user guide it shows a insulation panel between hob and oven this was never fitted with the original. Would this cause the cutting out of the hob and where can I get an insulation panel as they are not shown on sites where you can purchase a hob from.
Any help welcome thanks.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

You will require the services of an Appliance Engineer as the code that you have means that you have a Low Voltage Error

Customer:

Hi George thanks for the info, the Hob is connected to the same power supply as the oven is.

George-Allsorts :

It doesn't necessarily mean the supply voltage.. it could be one of the internal power boards

Customer:

Hi George thanks for the info, the hob is connected to the same power supply as the oven is this correct or could this be the problem.

George-Allsorts :

How old is it?

Customer:

The oven is a few years old was in place before we came to this house.

George-Allsorts :

I was just asking in-case it was still in warranty

George-Allsorts :

It could be simply a component on the power board that is defective

Customer:

the hob is about a year old may still be in warranty. will check, is it ok to connect both to same power supply.

George-Allsorts :

It should be, as long as it doesn't say not to in the manufacturers installation instructions

George-Allsorts :

Best not to try repair it yourself... as if it is in warranty you will void it.. and there are some pretty expensive parts inside it

Customer:

Nothing to say not to in the installation guide, will check hob warranty or get it checked by an appliance engineer.

George-Allsorts :

£158 for power board
£138 for Inverter Module
+ more

George-Allsorts :

Some Samsung appliances carry a 2 year warranty

George-Allsorts :

Check the purchase info

Customer:

OK George Thank you very much for your help.

George-Allsorts :

Hope you are happy with the assistance given