Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hello I have an under the counter frost free A Class + Frigidaire

I have an under the counter frost free A Class + Frigidaire freezer which has a red alarm light showing. It will not go off?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK the red light just indicates that the appliance is not working at the temperature that it is set to operate at, tyhi

Dales-Electronic :

this is caused by various things, if you could now let me have its model number so that I can check on the specs we can see if we can resolve the problem for you _ Ian

Customer:

Hello Ian

Customer:

All I can find as far as model number is ***** name A+Class Frost Free

Dales-Electronic :

OK we'll do it the old fashioned way, can you advise if it is fan assisted or not?

Customer:

Yes it is fan assisted - but this only seems to start up occasionally - and not at all since this red light business started

Customer:

Hello Ian

Customer:

Are you still there?

Dales-Electronic :

OK sorry, I am normally located in the UK but for the next 8 days am out in the USA where internet is pri

Dales-Electronic :

Yes ~ can you go around the back of the unit and tell me what refrigerant is being used it will be either R600a or R134a on a label stuck on the compressor and with care put your hand on top of the compressor and tell me if it is just warm or quite hot?

Customer:

All that is on the compressor label is - JIAXPERA ZBX1090CY 220 -240 -50H5 59W - It is warm to the touch

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you put your head inside can you hear a constant hiss? of the refrigerant gas going around when the unit is running or is there gaps between the hissing?

Customer:

No hissing sound

Customer:

I can hear the engine running from the outside

Dales-Electronic :

OK from what you have told me you unit is short of refrigerant or has a faulty compressor that is not capable of pumping the refrigerant around. For this repair if you decide to proceed you will need the services of a refrigeration engineer capable of doing 'system work' this is not a DIY project ~ would you now rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me to shut down the job whilst continuing to chat with any further enquires. If you need a link to a suitable engineer ping me back on here ~ Ian