KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi. I have a Zanussi ZWF14069W washer, approx 4 years old.

Hi. I have a Zanussi ZWF14069W washer, approx 4 years old. Today when I tried to open the door to use it, it wouldn't open. I tried putting it through the 2 minute drain cycle (this worked previously when I had the same problem), but today it has made no difference.
I've tried putting the machine off, including switching it off at the wall for about 1.5 hours.
I have tried the drain programme again, but this time it has stuck at the 0.01 point with the door light flashing.
How can I get the door to open?
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

With the washer unplugged...open the drain pump filter located at the bottom front panel and clean it completely

KevinWhiteJA :

also check to make sure nothing is stuck inside there

KevinWhiteJA :

please let me know how it goes

Customer:

I have already done that earlier today - there was nothing inside and it made no difference.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, Lets check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.

Customer:

I didn't see flashes, but a code came up - E45

Customer:

Sorry it is E42!! Not E45.

KevinWhiteJA :

E45 error indicates problems with the sensing circuit of the triac that actions the door interlock and error code E42 indicates problems with aperture of the door

KevinWhiteJA :

as you have already cleaned the drain pump and checked the impeller inside the pump and also checked the drain hose

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem is with the door interlock assembly that needs replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

Customer:

Is that something I can do myself, or do I need an engineer? I assume there must be some way of getting the door open.

KevinWhiteJA :

How good are you with DIY repairs ?

Customer:

I'm not brilliant, but my son is.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, you can leave it unplugged for few hours and the lock usually opens then it is better to replace the door lock...if it wont open then lay it on its side and then gain access from underneath the washer

KevinWhiteJA :

a new lock with cost around £20

Customer:

Thanks, ***** ***** switch it off and try tomorrow. Failing that, we can try getting access from the bottom.

Customer:

Thanks for your help.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening