Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The water dispenser on our Amana fridgefreezer drips particularly

The water dispenser on our Amana fridgefreezer drips particularly after it has been used. Is it likely that the water inlet valve needs replacing. And if so, is it relatively easy to fit?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

It could be the valve but equally it could be the actual delivery point, what you need to do is move the appliance until you can get around the back and firstly remove the cover plate that covers the motor and also the inlet valve. Then push the button/lever on the water dispenser and let some water out ~ immediately turn off the water supply and see if the residual water pressure in the pipe causes a leak. If so it is the dispenser seals that are faulty, if not then you have a problem with the inlet valve, an easy job to do just change over pipe by pipe/connector by connector (power off please) and you will have solved the problem. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows you further access free of charge ~ Ian

Customer:

Thanks Ian. And if it does prove to be the dispenser seals, I presume that's a far more complicated repair job that will involve removing the dispenser unit from the door. Would you recommend that the job be done by a qualified engineer?

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry for the delay, Ive just been flying across to the USA - not so much a difficult job just fiddly _ your biggest problem will be getting hold of them. Its a great freezer, I have one at home that about 20 years old and dont think it has cost me more than afew pounds to repair it, well worth spending a little money on it. If you need an engineer ping me back on here and I will send you a link to a group of independent engineers that will be able to help you out ~ Ian