Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

hi

hi
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If you open the door does the noise carry on?

If you throw a jug of water in there when it does this is it pumping the water out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

re opening the door - i dont think so but havnt actually tried that - I switched the on off button off then ran the rest program as it was sitting for ages just with the pump running

I can try the jug thing if you like

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
When you get it like this with the pump running all the time its usually down to a water leak in the base activating the flood switch.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and the water will drain out from the base so you will need a towel for that part.

Then stand it up right and retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this will cure it but if it happens again then theres a water leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure this.