George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have recently moved into a house with an fitted Electrolux

I have recently moved into a house with an fitted Electrolux fridge freezer, ERF 2832, installed, approx six years old but for much of that time I know it was rarely used. The fridge freezer seems to be working well but the freezer fan seems to run constantly, (it turns off when door opened). It seems to turn off only for a very short time and only very occasionally. Is this normal or should the fan "turn off" much more often.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you please supply the PNC / Product code from the inside of the fridge please

Customer:

925 771 720 - 01

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that.. I shall have a look at the way your system operates and get back to you

George-Allsorts :

OK.. your system is what they call a Partial No Frost system... in these systems the fan is used to distribute the cool air from the Evaporator throughout the freezer... The fridge operates independently in these circumstances and is cooled via another method.

Direct from the Service Manual "In NOFROST freezers, the humidity inside the freezer compartment accumulates on the evaporator battery thanks to the air circulation, thus preventing the formation of frost on food."

It seems in this case that the fan would run all the time with the exception that either 1. The door was open, or, 2. The system was in defrost mode.

George-Allsorts :

The Service Manual does not state the length of time that the fan is to run, other than the two circumstances stated above... and all systems are electronically controlled and timed by the electronic control board that is located at the top of the freezer section and below the refrigerator section behind the button fascia

Customer:

Cheers George,

Customer:

Cheers ***** ***** I just ask one thing. I know the ERF 2832 is rated A but is the constant fan a huge drain on energy or is it using minimal electricity to run it.

Customer:

Cheers George,

George-Allsorts :

One moment, let me check to see if the manual gives the rating of the fan

Customer:

Cheers ***** ***** I just ask one more thing. I know the ERF 2832 is rated A but is it a huge drain on electric for the fan to run all the time or is it minimal.

George-Allsorts :

[Voltage] 220v - 50Hz
[Wattage] 3.1w

George-Allsorts :

So a tiny amount of consumption..

Customer:

Cheers ***** ***** done. have a good day.

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited for the assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money.