Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I have a thetford fridge freezer which although is working

Hi I have a thetford fridge freezer which although is working fine there is a terrible noise coming from the black control box at the back of the unit, it sounds like a mechanical vibration, i have taken the box apart to reveal the printed circuit boards but can not identify the precise location of the noise. when i remove the 2amp fuse or disconnect the the 12 volt supply, the noise stops, please can you help.
serial no. e276m1000076
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am sorry to hear that. How old approximately is your fridge?
Also can you locate the model # ***** me?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi the vehicle the fridge is in is not yet 3 years old. The model number is ***** - N71H46L10A

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Geoff,
That sound is a failing relay on the PC board. Unfortunately they don't sell just the relay for that one so you will need a new printed circuit board to fix this.
What will eventually happen is the relay will fail completely and the unit will no longer cool so its pretty important to fix this.
Since you are in Spain, your best bet to get a new board at a cost effective price would be to check with any local RV shop or dealer for this.
I can help you if you need assistance replacing the board although its very easy to do;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Geoff.
Tech Michael