Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a AWO10761 WASHING Machine could you please tell me

I have a AWO10761 WASHING Machine could you please tell me what the letters FA mean, as the machine has stopped. Thanks Alison Ireland
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
FA error code means aqua stop fault.
Basically water has leaked into the base and has activated the flood switch in the base.
What you need to do is pull the washer out and tip it 45 degs backwards and the water will drain out from the base so you may need a towel for this part.
Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and clear the error code.
But then you need to find the cause of the leak in there so remove the top and back and check the hoses under there and if any are split then you need to replace them.
But the FA error code means water has leaked in the base.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Stop emailing me I had to get repair man in! Expensive lesson!