George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

hotpoint washer no wash/drain/spin/being done

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you give the model please

Customer:

Hotpoint Aquarius 6kg 1400 spin wash machine

George-Allsorts :

At the right hand side there should be a model number... else, open the door and the model label will be on the door hinge part... alternatively, have a look on the label on the rear of the appliance

Customer:

model number is ***** 25117084

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me, when you press start, does the door lock?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

Does it then fill with water?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

does it tumble?

Customer:

no

George-Allsorts :

ok.. If you cancel the wash, does it then drain?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

Then you need to replace the brushes in your motor or replace the motor itself... Nearly always, you will have success with just replacing the motor brushes...

Customer:

where can i purchase these

George-Allsorts :

One moment and I will find them for you

George-Allsorts :

There are 3 different motors for your machine, however, this is the most common part... Hotpoint Motor Brushes Check the brushes are the right ones before ordering

http://www.spares4appliances.co.uk/home-laundry-spare-parts-c5/carbon-brushes-c136/washing-machine-brushes-and-holders-c137/hotpoint-washing-machine-carbon-brush-holders-p27690

George-Allsorts :

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

Customer:

will my husband be able to fit these???

George-Allsorts :

If he has a standard set of tools then yes... By opning therear of the appliance you can gain access to the motor. Take the motor off to check / remove / replace the brushes

Customer:

Thank you George for all your help

George-Allsorts :

You're very very welcome

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited for the assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money.