George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Belling double oven. The bulb holder in the main oven shorted

Belling double oven. The bulb holder in the main oven shorted after the bulb became loose. I've fitted a new bulb holder and bulb. Now the main fan runs continuously and the oven bulb does not switch off when the oven is switched off. The light and main fan goes off when the main isolator is switched off. Many thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

What has happened is that when the bulb shorted it has fused the fingers on the selector switch..

George-Allsorts :

This is fixable

Customer:

Yes i found this, that's why i fitted a new bulbholder. the problem now is that the light bulb remains on all the time, irrespective if the oven is on and the main fan (not the oven fan) runs continously.

George-Allsorts :

Yes, the cooling fan... They are getting a permanent supply from the selector switch because the fingers / contacts have been fused together...

Customer:

Sorry, just read your reply again. You say that the selector switch is damaged, is it repairable or am i looking to purchase a new switch ? many thanks

George-Allsorts :

if you are careful, you can prise the contacts apart, else purchase a new selector as they are not expensive

Customer:

I take it this will resolve the oven light issue being permanently on. Many thanks

George-Allsorts :

Yes, this is what I have found on many occasions

Customer:

Ok many thanks for the info i'll take a look tomorrow evening.

George-Allsorts :

You are very welcome

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited for the assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money.