Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Due to obvious fault on PCB,I have fitted a new module on Hotpoint

Due to obvious fault on PCB,I have fitted a new module on Hotpoint FDM550 dishwasher, but it will not start. When switched on all lights come on then go off except for the low rinse aid light, which stays on, and the start/pause light which slowly pulses on and off. can you help?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the part number of the control board please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got the part from partmaster detailed as module Dea 602 synchronus.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if its that board you replaced then im sorry to say they are sold blank.
You need to buy the programming software to do this. You need to get the smart card and the smart card reader as well. But these are very expensive. The reader is about £120 and the smart card is £40. Copy and paste the link below for the card reader
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/smartcard-reader/product.pl?pid=2053357&query=fdm550
And the same for the smart card below
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/smart-card-single-use-only-non-returnable/product.pl?pid=1658032&query=fdm550
When you got the part they should have said its blank and its programming up for the board to work.
If I was you try and return it and get Hotpoint in on there fixed price repair which is about £110 all in. This includes the parts and labour and they will then program the board up with there laptop and get it sorted.
So im afraid there you options. Either get the card reader and smart card to program it yourself or get Hotpoint in for cheaper and they will do it all for you.
Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought it might be something like that. I'll try returning part.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries your very welcome.
I should think you can return it as they never told you needs the software to program it up.