George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Ho much can I expect to pay for Amana fridge freezer main pcb

Ho much can I expect to pay for Amana fridge freezer main pcb (located rear bottom of fridge). Model is AC2228 (I believe their flagship model at the time). Opened freezer and fridge doors at same time and main house fuses tripped. Thought it was a coincidence, but then used water dispenser and big flash came from rear of appliance. Not sure if that was from plug or appliance.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Here is a link to the board Maytag Kit HV Board £229.99

Customer:

Hi George, Thanks for that - looks like I've been ripped off then at £368.00 for the part, let alone fitting it!!I think the Main Board will blow again when he puts it back in as it was when I used the drinks dispenser it blew. Could you point me in the direction to purchase the pcb's (think there's two?) for the drinks dispenser?

Customer:

I'm going to purchase all boards as if the large one blows again I'm going to tell the engineer to hop it!! Don't think there's anything worse than being ripped off!! The call out charge and labour was £188.00. Now he has to come back and fit the main board - it will be another £99.50 for fitting:(

George-Allsorts :

I'm not sure on the other boards .. however, these people will know, and they supply all the parts:

www.4Maytag.co.uk

Genuine Maytag Spares & Accessories - 0844 55 72 510

Contact Centre opening times

Monday - Friday8am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm

Customer: Thank you George - you are a star!!!!!!
George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited for the assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money.