George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

bosch WFL2462GB- drum motor not working. drum free to turn

bosch WFL2462GB- drum motor not working. drum free to turn mannually- no noises.
programmes seem to work. pump drains water. controller "clicks" during programm.
does motor need new brushes tho failure was sudden but not noisy.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you give me the full ENr and the FD please

Customer:

just going to look

George-Allsorts :

Ok thank you

Customer:

Hi George, enr WFL2462GB/12 FD 8208 601000

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that... Have you taken out the motor to check the condition of the brushes?

George-Allsorts :

Also have you checked if the belt is still in place

Customer:

not yet. I'm not an engineer. Im trying to ask if i can do diy, like motors, or if I need professional help. if you think bushes can fail suddenly, and this could be the problem, Ill disassemble the machine and remove the brushes. If theyr'e worn i'll go and replace them. Thamks

George-Allsorts :

If you are physically capable, and you have the tools to do so, removing the motor to check the brushes can be a DIY job..

Brushes can be a sudden failure, especially on Bosch machines as they have protection built-in to protect the motor

If you need me to provide you with the facility to get professional help, I can do this for you. I can also recommend an appliance technician if you can supply a postcode

Customer:

OK, Thanks George. I can work thru this (with help from internet sites), and will check things thru. Ill let you know how I get on. Bye for now.

George-Allsorts :

You are very welcome

Customer:

Hi George. I've fixed it. Very fiddly, Back of washer moulded as one piece so couldnt get motor out. Had to take front off, and tip the whole thing back, to get to the brushes.

Customer:

Working now, and wife happy. Thanks again for your diagnosis. Charles Heath.