George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

how do I clean and sterilise the reservoir in my Neff integrated

how do I clean and sterilise the reservoir in my Neff integrated fridge k431? the fridge smells and I suspect something has dripped into the cavity. I have cleaned the fridge throughly to no avail.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

There are proprietory fridge cleaning products designed for this ..

However first, have you checked the temperature that the fridge is running at?..

Customer: Hello havnt checked fridge temp had no probs just this smell. Went onto Neff online says will be the reservoir
George-Allsorts :

If the smell is inside the fridge, the temperature of the fridge will need checking as the smell is caused by bacterior and is usually due to the fridge not running at the right temperature...

However, if you wait a moment, I will send you a link to the product we use to cure the interior smell

Customer: Ok. I will check temp turn fridge up and see what happens
George-Allsorts :

ThAT IS THE PRODUCT WE USE AS IT IS VERY GOOD

George-Allsorts :

Sorry for the capitals, I hit the wrong button

Customer: Ok will try. back to original question can I clean the reservoir or does this have to be done by a professional?
George-Allsorts :

No, if you undo the fixings and pull out the fridge, the reservoir sits above the compressor... You can turn off the fridge and use hot water and cloths to clean it out

George-Allsorts :

it is a tray

Customer: Is the compressor the black ball shaped unit?
George-Allsorts :

yes it is

George-Allsorts :

It may also help if, when you have the fridge out... pour some hot water from the kettale down the drain hole at the dack of the fridge to clean the tube

George-Allsorts :

kettle

Customer: Thank you very much x
George-Allsorts :

You are very welcome :)

George-Allsorts :

Please leave a rating using the smiley faces before you go