canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

CAN THE DOOR HINGES ON THE INTEGRATED WASHING MACHINE BE FITTED

CAN THE DOOR HINGES ON THE INTEGRATED WASHING MACHINE BE FITTED ON THE RIGHT OR ON THE LEFT
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. It is very unlikely that it can. Clothes washing machine doors are much more difficult to switch to open in the other direction considering not only is the latch going to move to the other side but also the lock assembly.

canuck the pro :

I would still like to help. Will you respond so that I may continue to assist?

canuck the pro :

Is there something about the question that I did not understand?

Customer:

it was the integrateddoor hinges i was enquiring about on aeg integrated wasing machine

canuck the pro :

You want the door to be reversed? It is a clothes washer, correct?

Customer:

correct

canuck the pro :

Do you have the model number?

Customer:

AEGL61271B1

canuck the pro :

It does not indicate that it is reversible in the manual. If you open the door are there screw holes on the other side of the opening where the hinge would attach?

Customer:

NO ITS THE HINGES ON THE WASING MACHINE FOR THE INTEGRATED DOOR THAT IWANT TO CHANGE HAND FROM LEFT TO RIGHT CAN THIS BE DONE OR NOT

canuck the pro :

It is not indicated that it can in the manual but it still may be able to be. If you open the door you will see where the hinges attach to the machine. If you look on the other side of the opening there may be screw holes in the same location. They would be covered with rubber inserts. If there are then open the door and remove the screws for the hinge only where the hinge attaches to the machine and remove the door. Place the door face down on a protected surface. Maybe on some towels. Remove the screws on the back of the door panel and remove the inner panel of the door. Remove the inner casing and turn the glass dome 180 degrees then replace the inner casing in reverse also. Replace the panel and screws. On the machine remove the screws for the latch and turn the latch 180 degrees and replace the screws. Install the door on the opposite side.

canuck the pro :

If there are screw holes on the opposite side then yes it can be reversed but if there are not then it cannot be reversed.

Customer:

ok thanks