canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

my hotpoint fidge froze up it is a larder fridge model no rla

Customer Question

my hotpoint fidge froze up it is a larder fridge model no rla 30 s serial no 07100647 and now its not working although the light is on in the fridge do you think it would be the thormostate
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. When you say it froze up do you mean that there is excessive ice in the freezer compartment? Is the fridge and freezer cooling?

JACUSTOMER-6ypyztqt- :

its a larder fidge and has no freezer compartment everything in the fridge froze solid like it was in the freezer

Customer:

Will you check in the bottom of the fridge for any water and that the condensation drain is clear? Also have you ever cleaned the inside thoroughly? Is the door seal intact and has the fridge door ever accidentally been left open or partially open?

JACUSTOMER-6ypyztqt- :

we unpluged the fridge and left it for 24 hours and then pluged vit back in and its going fine now i think i had to mutch in the fridge and the airn was not circulating properly

Customer:

I see that was the next thing I was going to suggest. If you did not empty it and leave the door open then it will happen again. To fully defrost it you will want to leave the doors open during the 24 hours with the fridge and freezer emptied then after the 24 hours give the inside a cleaning.