Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Is there a technical expert who can look at a DeDietrich pyrolytic

Customer Question

Is there a technical expert who can look at a DeDietrich pyrolytic oven which is giving off a smell when used? The address is SW11
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-23umiptl- :

Have you given a response? If so I cant see it.

Dales-Electronic :

OK good afternoon, whilst normally based in the UK I am currently on holiday in the USA sadly the internet here is very slow so apologese if you get a slight delay, can you advise if this smell is only when you are doing the oven cleaning or all the time and give me an idea of what the smell is?

Dales-Electronic :

OK first thing that I would do is get them to use the self clean program which should burn off all the fat deposits ~ on a second point, I hope they have not been using standard oven cleaner on the oven as this will destroy the pyrolytic plates, finally and an obvious point, the only thing that can cause a smell in an oven is the product that you put in it !! If for instance you dont use the grill for a while the deposits from the oven cooking will coat the grill element and then when you put on the grill this will be burnt off ~ heyho smoke and smell ~ Ian