Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

please can you tell me what cold accumulators are, it says

please can you tell me what cold accumulators are, it says in my manual not to remove them from the freezer basket.!!! I have just taken delivery of an AEG freezer model no. A72710GNXO
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Basically cold accumulators are ice packs that you put in the freezer so that in the event of a power failure they can extend the tune that the product is able to stay cold. In effect they are just plastic containers filled with water that you freeze up and leave in the unit all the time. Some people use them others discard them, as a fridge engineer Im not totally convinced that they work but as they dont cost anything to keep within the appliance you have nothing to lose keeping them inside. Hope that has been of help to you ~ would you no kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the job but allocates you a unique number that allows you to ask further questions free of charge if you need further information. Ian