canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

HI we have a toshiba TV that when it turns on fades to a very

Customer Question

HI we have a toshiba TV that when it turns on fades to a very dark/almost black screen. we have had a repair technician come to look at it and they have said it would be £550 to replace the broken screen panel (which is why the contrast is so dark). As the TV is 14 months old it is outside of warrenty, the quote seens fairly unrealistic considering the TV only cost £400. Is this an acceptable quote for a "broken screen panel"
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The panel is the most expensive part to replace and the only time that is ever replaced is during a warranty repair. I am sorry to say that is a reasonable replacement cost but not a rational choice to repair if purchasing the repair out of pocket. Have you contacted the manufacturer? It may be out of warranty but since it is so close to the warranty period they may cover it.

Customer:

I am very sorry to provide information that was not good news but I assure you that is the correct answer. Is that was you found poor about my service?