Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My dishwasher leaves a film of grey it never looks clean .

Customer Question

My dishwasher leaves a film of grey it never looks clean . We use top quality tablets and have started to use no salt in the thought that it might be the salt that is causing the problem .... ALSO there is a grey film line from the tablet dispenser . The dishwasher only looks clean when we use the dish washer cleaner ( the one where you put it in the tray and leave the cycle to complete ) .
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

hello may I have the make and model of your dishwasher also the age?

JACUSTOMER-74xx24i2- :

Beko only numbers I can see are DL1243W its about 4 years old

Michael :

thank you,

Michael :

Where do you get your water? If it's municipal, they may have switched supplies on you. Are you seeing hard water deposits on your faucets, or in your bath/shower?

The harder your water, the more phosphorus you need in your detergent -- I'd be remiss if I didn't point out there's an argument to be made in favor of phosphorus free, though -- and every box of detergent lists the percentage of it on the label somewhere. Last time I checked, Electrasol was the highest, but it's these weird little bricks.

If it doesn't get better, you may have to think about getting a water softener.

Michael :

this problem is always a water issue

JACUSTOMER-74xx24i2- :

Water softener is a bit expensive to say the least Do I just have to live with it and where can I get these Electrasol are they a tablet I can buy ?

Michael :

I know the water softener is pricey, as for electrasol, try a good home improvement store or a hardware store, they even may have something comparable

Michael :

hard water will cause this but really Electrasol works best to solve this;-)

JACUSTOMER-74xx24i2- :

Ah brilliant there is one is the next village . Thanks for your help but I shall not be having need of this service so if there is a one off payment fine but I do not wish it to continue after today thanks

Michael :

yes just this once;-)

Michael :

please rate kindly and have a great day!

Michael :

no further cost to you

JACUSTOMER-74xx24i2- :

Thnk you

Michael :

your very welcome!