Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Good afternoon - I have an AEG Favorit slimline dishwasher,

Good afternoon -
I have an AEG Favorit slimline dishwasher, Model F 78400 V 10 P,
and would like to know how to remove and then refit the integrated door panel.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi si your panel wood or something else?

Michael :

I meant IS lol

Customer:

It is oak, in a 'frame' kitchen

Michael :

Michael :
First you will need to open the dishwasher door and locate the screws on the inside edge of the door. This usually takes a Torx wrench(has a star shaped head) sometimes its just phillip head. You don't need to remove all the screws, test a few and see if the inside panel separates easily. It can be loosened with as low as 4 screws or you might need to remove them all, some hold in the controls so be careful of what screws you remove. It will be hooked at the bottom and fastened with screws along sides and top.This will release the outside metal door panel from the inside panel, note the inside panel will have wires connecting it, just leave it in an open position until you get the wood panel off the outside metal panel. The outside metal panel and the wood front should come off together. Now remove the wood panel from metal outside panel, usually philip head screws. Put old DW back together and save panel for new dishwasher.

I know this can be a frustrating process just keep cool and try the tips I have here.
Michael :

these are never simply lol

Michael :

but once you locate all the fasteners it will come off with ease;-)

Michael :

are you still here?

Customer:

I am making notes

Michael :

great idea ;-)

Michael :

once you rate my service to you I will switch us to Q & A so if you need me further on this you can write me, at no additional cost for that

Customer:

That sounds like a lot of screws ! Are the electronics going to come falling out on me?

Michael :

hi no the electronics will remain in place lol!

Michael :

its really not to bad of a job

Michael :

please rate at this point so I can set up our follow ups no additional cost.