KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

, My Zanussi ZWG 5125 is not filling very much and the

Customer Question

My Zanussi ZWG 5125 is not filling very much and the clothes are almost dry at end of cycle.
I have checked the water flow from the tap and the water inlet filter which are both fine.
I have also checked the inside the pump cover and removed and cleaned the filter.
Any ideas on what could be preventing it from filling enough?
Many thanks,
Tim.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi Tim, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

Hi Kevin,it's 5 years old.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

with the washer unplugged can you take off the top of this appliance

Customer:

looking from the front there is a pressure switch with a thin hose attached to it

Customer:

just remove that hose and blow through it...then tap the switch with the back of screw driver...

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

part#12A in the above diagram is pressure switch

Customer:

after it is cleaned...plug it back again to check

Customer:

please let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

Not sure if I can take top off but will have a look.

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

ok, will try, thanks for now.

Customer:

You're welcome....If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

Hello Kevin,

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

I have tried your suggestions but unfortunately am still having same issue.

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

Only a tiny amount of water enters the machine although the cycle runs to completion.

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

Any ideas?

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

thanks,#

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

Tim.

Customer:

OK Tim, thanks for getting back...Lets check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

ok going to try, thanks.

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

The start LED flashed red 8 times then flashed twice in green. The end LED did not flash.

Customer:

OK that is error code E 10 which indicates that it is not filling with water...can you take a meter and check the inlet valve to make sure those are fine... you will have to take the top off and at the back you will see the water valve. Then meter each coil out, they should read about 3.6 Kohm

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

Ok, will do. Have to go out now. Will try later and get back. Thanks.

Customer:

Please don't forget to leave a rating as that is the only way I receive credit for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

Hi Kevin,

JACUSTOMER-5j030us9- :

I have measured resistance for both meters, they each read 3.6K.

Customer:

OK, can you also test the pressure switch for continuity ? If the inlet valve and wiring harness is fine then it is the switch or the control itself... please let me know how it goes