Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I need to replace the belt on a Zanussi washing machine IZ161w

I need to replace the belt on a Zanussi washing machine IZ161w and the back of the machine does not come off and I cannot see where the belt goes. The belt is intact?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
The back half panel on this washer will come off to allow you to reit the belt.
What you need to do is remove the top of the washer.
Then look on the top of the sides of the washer and you will see 4 screws on the back half of the cabinet. You need to remove these.
Then look on the back in the bottom corners and remove the screws there.
Then remove the screw in the top left corner on the back as well.
Then look on each side in the middle at the bottom and you will see a plastic cap. Remove this cap to reveal another screw in there.
Then you need to undo the plastic holder at the back for the fill hoses and lift it up and little and then you can pull the back panel off from there.
Once that's off you can then refit the belt from there.
If you need anymore info just get back get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you just done as you said and the washing machine is now working with the belt back on. Am I right in assuming the fact it fell off it will have expanded and will need replacing or could it simply have worked its way off slowly over the years? Thank you once again for your help. With kind regards ***** ***** money well spent!