George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

TCL780 condenser tuble dryer - water drawer container has some

TCL780 condenser tuble dryer - water drawer container has some water, but there is much more water underneath that spills out onto the floor when you pull the water container out.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Is the water that spills out coming from the underneath of the drawer?

Customer:

Yes it is.

George-Allsorts :

How full is the drawer at this time, and are there any cracks in it?

Customer:

Can be part full or completely empty. Can't see any cracks.

George-Allsorts :

There is a hole in the top of the drawer that fits directly underneath the water outlet from the pump... Is there anything that is stopping the drawer from inserting into the appliance fully?

Customer:

It sit flush when pushed in.

George-Allsorts :

Then what I would do in this instance is... withdraw the drawer from the appliance and empty it... dry the bottom of the drawer so that no water can be seen.. Using the tap, fill the drawer in the same way that it would normally be filled by the appliance (ie. through the hole whilst the drawer is flat) to a half full level or slightly more... Then see if the base of the drawer gets wet

Customer:

Just doing that and got someone with a thinner arm than me to put hand in to where the hole is, and he pulled out some hair, (dogs), so that maybe the problem. I will put the drawer back in as suggested and see what happens.

George-Allsorts :

Try doing the filling with the tap as suggeted first.. that will tell you if there is a leak in the tank at all

Customer:

Did that just now, it looks fine.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. then once you confirm that it is now working fine in the appliance I need you to do something else

Customer:

Go ahead

George-Allsorts :

Switch off the power to the appliance.. Take out the condenser from behind the panel at the base of the appliance

Customer:

OK, will need to give it 20 mins then to see if it is dry in the drawer unit.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. but I need to go out at the moment on a repair.. I will return later to assist you further

George-Allsorts :

or I can instruct you now and you can do it whilst i'm not here

Customer:

Yes, fine, give me the instructions and I will do it later, thanks.

George-Allsorts :

Liing down on the floor, put your arm into the condenser orifice, right to the back... using your fingers, clean any and all hair and fluff from the drainage hole below your hand..

Make sure that you keep the appliance on its feet (do not tilt the appliance) whist you do this, otherwise you risk getting water into the heater section.

Customer:

OK

George-Allsorts :

How are you getting on with the leak on the appliance?

Customer:

Only just set it going again as was out of wet washing!

Customer:

All lloking good so far, load nearly done and no water in the drawer. Thanks for the common sense - the amount of hair in the inside of the machine was embarrassing!

Customer:

Cheers

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair