KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Got an Electrolux ewx127410w. Worked fine months but

Got an Electrolux ewx127410w. Worked fine for 13 months but now all washing comes out stone cold whatever cycle we set to. Also the wash seems to miss a complete hour, ie a 2.5 hr wash runs for 1.5 hours. Is this a heating element issue or is the software faulty and missing the heat part of the cycle?
Thanks for any help
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer: Hi there
KevinWhiteJA :

Can you test the heating element with a multi meter for continuity ?

Customer: Er no, unfortunately not
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, I believe everything else is fine...sometimes it will miss or stop in middle of cycle because the control detects that heating element is not working

KevinWhiteJA :

a new heating element costs £46

KevinWhiteJA :

you can buy it from here

Customer: Aha, that explains it. Thought the software would just jump after not being able to "talk" to the element. I'll get the new element. Is there an online guide to changing it that you know of?
KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

This is the heating element

KevinWhiteJA :

with the washer unplugged, you can take off the top and then rear panel to replace the element

Customer: Ok, that's great, thanks for your help Kevin. Thought it was the case, just wanted to check with an expert before jumping in at the deep end
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome :) ....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance.

Customer: No problem