George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I'm Mike S ! I have an Armana SRD522VE side by side fridge

Hi I'm Mike S ! I have an Armana SRD522VE side by side fridge freezer, it's about 11 years old and has given great service. Recently it's started to drip water from the bottom off the frezzer section. It's caused by a build up of ice in the bottom of the freezer. It looks like the unit at the bottom of the freezer at the back is all iced up. Can you suggest how I could fix it?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Mike, my name is George; I am sorry to hear you are having problems... I will assist you with answers to your problem. I am not here on the site constantly so kindly be patient whilst awaiting answers.. I will return to your question.

It sounds like you have a defrost problem ...

Firstly, you need to find somewhere to store the contents of the freezer.
With all content of the freezer removed, unplug the power supply to your appliance and allow it to defrost... Defrost can be done naturally over a 36hr period, or 24hr with the door open and the appliance disconnected from the power supply, or 12hr forced, with the door open and with the use of a hair dryer or other warm air implement, being careful not to distort or damage any of the plastic parts in the process.

TIP** Turning-up the heat in the room will speed-up the process.
TIP** Place some towels on the floor of the compartment you are defrosting to soak-up any water created during the defrost procedure

Once this is completed you can then restart the appliance.

Keep an eye on the appliance; if the same problem represents itself over the space of a couple of weeks you'll need to change some parts.

George-Allsorts :

Hi Mike, how are you getting on with the fridge freezer?