George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Fridge is too cold with buid up of frost on back wall. Adjusting

Fridge is too cold with buid up of frost on back wall. Adjusting temperature control makes no difference. What could be the problem?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you give me the full model number please

Customer:

George,

Customer:

George, model is Haier HRF 220/B

George-Allsorts :

Tanks for that.. let me just have a look at the build structure.. one moment please

George-Allsorts :

Ok, I'm back.. having perused the manual for your appliance, I see there is a standard thermostat on the right wall of the fridge section.. is this correct?

George-Allsorts :

And if it is correct, what setting is it on?

George-Allsorts :

or is your appliance the model with the electrical settings above the fridge door

Customer:

Fridge setting control, hanging from roof of fridge compartment, runs from 0-7. Have tried all settings. Was running properly on 3 1/2 until recently. The only settings above the fridge door are for the freezer which is running fine as far as I can tell. Does not sound as if motor is running all/most of the time.

George-Allsorts :

It seems that whatever thermostatic device your system has, has become defective. I have checked your model and there are no thermostats shown for your model, in-fact there are very few parts listed..

How old is your model?

So indeed, I also cannot tell you what type of thermostat you have and therefore also cannot instruct you on how to fix the problem..

I can advise you to contact the product support team at Haier on #0333-003-8122

Customer: