George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Panasonic steam oven NN-SV30. Purchased singapore

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic steam oven NN-SV30. Purchased singapore 240v 50Hz now in Philippines 240v 60 Hz Oven and microwave, timers etc all work. Steam oven will not steam and cuts out. Do I need to prime the system? Any suggestions?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

You will probably find that if built for a 50hz power supply system, the unit will not work correctly on a 60hz power supply unless stated... try contacting Panasonic.. I think this will be your problem, as the difference in Hz confuses the electronics

George-Allsorts :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

JACUSTOMER-zzf8m18j- :

However the statement above is at best a guess. The microwave works so clearly electronics and clock work. Hence it is unlikly to be an electronics problem. Whats been stated is an opinion and hence not fact therefore cannot be regarded as a OK answer. I will now contact Panasonic as I thought this was a shortcut. Pros A quick definitive response, not let dragging things out. Verdict not paying for this answer but would use service again in different circumstances.

George-Allsorts :

Sir / Madam, You asked for suggestions.. This is not a guess; This was a suggestion based on my technical knowledge and the fact that you had informed me that the system rating plate gives you a rating of 240v 50Hz yet you are using it in a 60Hz situation for which the electronic PCBs in the unit are not configured.

The information has now been confirmed by Panasonic themselves as correct.. Certain parts of the appliance that do not conform to 60hz electricity systems will not operate successfully when connected to the 60hz supply.. Notwithstanding this, using an appliance rated for 50hz on a 60hz electricity supply can actually damage the electronic boards therein.