George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

there, my bosch dishwasher (sms65e02gb) turned off part

Hi there, my bosch dishwasher (sms65e02gb) turned off part way through a wash cycle. The display screen is now not working and neither is the machine. It had dirty water in the bottom which i've removed, cleaned the filter and cleaned the pump impellor but still nothing. Any suggestions??
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Was the dirty water in the condition that you would think it hasn't been draining or was it dirty in the respect of being mid-wash?

Customer:

hi George, it was dirty as in mid wash. Iv'e also checked the fuse in the plug and its fine.

George-Allsorts :

Can you re-check the enr you gave but this time get it from the top metal part of the door, also can you provide the FD which is also there

Customer:

sms6 5eo 2 gb/02 fd8807

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that.. one moment please

George-Allsorts :

This type has the physical on/off switch. Is there a proper action to the switch when you operate it?

Customer:

The switch seems to press normally but the machine does not respond like its been unplugged

George-Allsorts :

I don't know your electrical setup within your property so can you also check the trip switches at your consumer unit/fuse box

Customer:

all fine there.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. thanks for doing that.. simple

George-Allsorts :

I know, but sometimes this does happen

George-Allsorts :

OK.. do you have a multimeter to check the components with?

Customer:

no sorry i dont

George-Allsorts :

Some of the components will need testing to find out which of them is the cause of the problem.. are you able to do this, or do you have someone who does have the tools to do this for you.. or would you like me to recommend an engineer local to you?

Customer:

i dont know anyone to do this, we think the machine is 6 yrs old, in your opinion would we be wasting our money trying to get it repaired . ive looked and a comparable replacement is £400...

Customer:

we live in hoddesdon in hertfordshire.

George-Allsorts :

Your appliance manufacture date is July 2008.. My assumption is that the Operating Module has become defective, however without further tests I can not specifically define this as the problem..

I have checked on the parts availability for the module and it is available at around £50 from Bosch..

Would you like to give me a postcode so I can assist you further by offering engineer suggestions to you

Customer:

yes please George

George-Allsorts :

Can I have your postcode please

Customer:

en11 9qa

George-Allsorts :

Here is the list of engineers that we have registered that cover your area..

Solo Appliances
Waltham Cross
Phone: 01992 471812
___________________________________

Anglia Electrics
Bishops Stortford
Phone: 01279 658767
___________________________________

Repair Aid Plus Ltd
London
Phone: 02071836944
___________________________________

Glotech
St Albans
Phone: 01727 855456
Mobile: 07813 717212
___________________________________

I.P. Services
Braughing Ware
Phone: 01920 822259
___________________________________

3 Counties Domestic Appliance Repairs
Harpenden
Phone: 01582 623087
Mobile: 07703 383252

George-Allsorts :

Is there anything else I can assist you will before I go?

Customer:

No but thankyou for your assistance George!!

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair