George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Neff larder/fridge in side motor stopping and starting when

Neff larder/fridge in side motor stopping and starting when in cooling mode
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you give me the ENr and FD from the label inside the fridge please

Customer:

e-nr NEFF GMBM K4624V4 GB/02 FD8412

George-Allsorts :

What do you mean when you say it is stopping and starting? Can you give a more presice description

Customer:

when on cooling mode motor runs all the time till it gets to the correct temp not doing that keeps stop/start till it gets to right temp

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me, is the compressor (Motor) getting hot? and what length of time is it running before then stopping?

Customer:

yes compressor very hot could take up 30 minutes to reach cool temp

George-Allsorts :

Sorry I took so long then, I was trying to find your appliance.. your appliance model is K4624X4GB/02 I think and it is a 2004 model

Can you tell me if you can see the fan working on the inside

Can you also tell me if the large grill on the back is warm or cold.. and can you check different areas of the grill

Customer:

its the fan inside the larder /fridge that is clicking on and off as the unite is a built in one I cannnot ffeel the grill at back

George-Allsorts :

Then what did you mean when you said the compressor is very hot... did you mean the fan motor?

Customer:

no its the compressor motor under the unite that's very hot no heat on fan inside larder/fridge

George-Allsorts :

So you are saying that the compressor is what is getting hot... The compressor of your appliance is at the back of the unit according to the diagrams from Neff

George-Allsorts :

How can you feel that the compressor is getting hot if you are saying that you still have the appliance built-in to the cabinet and have not removed it yet?

Customer:

if you remove the plinth from the kitchen units you can reach the comprossor

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me then, if you press the switch at the top of the cabinet, does the fan com on?

Customer:

there is no twitch at the top of the cabinat the only other thing inside tha cabinet is the tem control

George-Allsorts :

According to the documents from Neff there is a switch at the top of the cabinet that the door closes on to..

George-Allsorts :

I am trying to determine if you have a faulty fan.. If so, this will not be allowing the fridge to get cool... this would also not draw the heat from the circulatory system and therefore would present a hot compressor

Alternatively, If the fan is working well, and the compressor is running hot, then the cause is likely to be a lack of refrigerant

Customer:

you are correct the switch at the top of cab just seems to work the light

George-Allsorts :

Yes, sorry, that switch is not for the fan...

When the fan is working, can you feel cool or warm air being blown from it?

Customer:

sorry for the delay could not get fridge temp down far enough to get fan to start it is cold air blowing from it

George-Allsorts :

What level is the thermostat set to?

Customer:

thermo set at 4

George-Allsorts :

And the temperature inside the fridge is?

Customer:

Ihave no facility to take a reading

George-Allsorts :

so is the milk, water, etc getting cool?

Customer:

yes milk juice soft ftuit all good. 4.35 larder /fridge started to get therm down to 4 its now 6muinets 5 and still runningis that any healp

Customer:

also fan in side fridge clicking off and on

George-Allsorts :

Ok, The fan will switch itself off and on as it needs to in order to disseminate the cool air into the fridge .. The fan should be working off the thermostat / sensor

All sounds as if it is working fine to me

George-Allsorts :

Is there anything further I can do for you?

Customer:

itsnow10 past 6 fridge still not down to therm leval

George-Allsorts :

And is the compressor still running?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

And has it been running constantly since we last spoke?

Customer:

yes compressor running in side fan still running off and on

George-Allsorts :

If the compressor is still running but the fridge is not yet down to temperature after an hour or more... the problem is I would say, not with the fan but possibly with the thermostat... however, we can not tell for definite if you have no way of measuring the temperature..

If the fruit, juice, milk, and everything else is down to temperature, but the compressor is still running, then it is the thermostat not switching

George-Allsorts :

At this stage, I will ask you to kindly give a rating for my assistance, by clicking on the smiley faces you can now see

George-Allsorts :

Here is a link to the thermostat should you wish to purchase one Bosch K4624X4GB/02 Fridge Freezer Thermostat

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

Customer:

its now 10 past 8 and the in side fan is still running thejuice milk soft fruit coolish but not realy cold

George-Allsorts :

Is the compressor still running?

Customer:

yes still running

George-Allsorts :

Then I'm afraid it is not the thermostat if the fridge is no longer chilled, you need to have the unit topped-up with refrigerant

Customer:

so how do I do this or does it have to fridge engineer

George-Allsorts :

I can offer you some contacts for refrigeration engineers if you pass me your postcode

Customer:

a b 39 2 hs

George-Allsorts :

Domestic Appliance Repair
0844(###) ###-####/p>

George-Allsorts :

Stonehaven Domestics
07858 426285

George-Allsorts :

They are the two that I am aware of for your area

George-Allsorts :

Special equipment is required to re-fill the system with refrigerant. It doesn't take long but without the equipment it can not be done

Customer:

ok thanks for the two names will give them a ring in the morning

George-Allsorts :

You are welcome

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No one in my area will fill it with gas Had to buy a new one