Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

OSF600ven Clock sets OK but cannot turn oven on either

OSF600ven
Clock sets OK but cannot turn oven on either on auto or manual
This oven stopped working after power cut
Please have you any advice
Stephen
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
If the clock is set and not flashing then its possibley the timer itself that's faulty or the thermal cut out.
What you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel and from there locate the thermal cut out. Its about the size of a 10p and will have 2 wires going to it.
Test this with a multi meter and see if faulty. If so then it will need to be replaced.
If that's ok then its possibley the timer itself at fault. Now if you don't use timer cooking then you can bypass this. If you wanted to do this then you need to take a picture of the back of the timer with the wires on it and post it on here and I can then tell you how to bypass it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel
Have you received the photo
Stephen
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
No theres nothing come through. Did you link it on here?
Or upload it to a file sharing site like www.mediafire.com and post the link on here and I can get it then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot get back off - wiring too tight. Please let me have direct email to send photo as cannot attach photo to this message
Stephen
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Im afraid we cannot give email addresses as the site doesn't allow it. It will get crossed out and you wont see it im afraid. All contact is done on here.
Just upload it to a file sharing site and post the like on here. You can try www.mediafire.com then I can see it.
But is the picture the back of the timer as I need to be able to see it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have uploaded photo to MediaFire. Let me know if you can access it.
Stephen
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
You need to post the link on here. When you uploaded it there will be a share link. copy and paste the link on here and then I can get it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I post the link "here". The image is in MediaFire but cannot copy and paste it here.
Stephen
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok you just copy the link that media fire will have given you and paste it onto box were you write.
Do you know how to copy and paste on your computer?
If not then you highlight the link and then right click and click copy.
Then come back here and right click on you mouse and click paste and it will copy it onto there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unable to paste anything into this box. I am using an Apple iPad. Successfully "copied" image but unable to paste it here.
Stephen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have posted the pic on Facebook
Stephen Horridge
Truro Cornwall
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Great thinking that was ive seen it now.
To bypass the timer you need to join the wires that are in the bottom right corner which is the brown and white wires next to each other.
Join them together and that will bypass it and if it was the timer at fault the oven should work then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Daniel
Still not working I will have to get a local electritian to get the cooker out or the fittings and look at the thermal cut out
Stephen
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok if its not working still then its more then likely the thermal cut out at the back.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.