Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

, I have a bosch oven model HBC84E653B. Working fine, but

Hi, I have a bosch oven model HBC84E653B. Working fine, but I was cleaning to display earlier and must have hit some lock button. The time isn't showing anymore and all i can see is a key image. I can't get it to work, the 'on' button isn't responding. It was working fine earlier. Any ideas? Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
From the sounds of this you have the child lock is turned on.
To turn it off look at the display and on the right hand side of the screen you will see a key button. You need to press and hold that button for several seconds and it will take the lock off and allow you to use it as normal.
Try that and see how it goes and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, that was it. Slightly embarrassing, I was tapping away but didn't think to hold the button down! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Nice one glad to hear its sorted. Yes with these child locks you need to press and hold them for it to work.
Also if you haven't already if you could rate the answer that would be great.