KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Tricity Bendix 900mm Built in Oven type BD 921. The Cooling

Customer Question

Tricity Bendix 900mm Built in Oven type BD 921. The Cooling Fan Controls has become very noisy. Is there a known fix or is a replacement fan assembly required? If the latter, what is the part number?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-jf9m3kng- :

At a guess at least 20 years old ( I replaced the oven fan and element in 2005)

Customer:

OK, unless the old one is loose this requires a new fan motor

Customer:

a new one will cost around £35 and you can buy it from here

JACUSTOMER-jf9m3kng- :

At that sort of price, probably best to replace, Is it located on the top side of the oven?

Customer:

Please check this video...it will give you an idea if you are going to replace it yourself

JACUSTOMER-jf9m3kng- :

The video shows replacement of the oven internal fan which I have done before. I am asking about replacing the cooling fan controls. Are you saying that the job will be of similar complexity/simplicity?

Customer:

Yes, you will have to pull the oven out and then with the control removed you can replace the fan

JACUSTOMER-jf9m3kng- :

Where is the fan actually located?. Have just partially withdrawn the oven and it is not apparent.

Customer:

The cooling fan is located inside the top of the oven usually above the main cavity...with the unit unplugged and pulled out, you will have to unscrew the back panel...and you will see the cooling fan...this is the cooling fan model#

Customer:

Tricity Bendix BD921 Cooling Fan
Full Size Image

Customer:

after you remove the screws from the cooling fan and the cables, it just comes off

Customer:

and then you can replace it with a new one....which is available here

JACUSTOMER-jf9m3kng- :

OK but when I click on available here the fan is BD912 whereas My oven is a BD 921 - can you provide correct link of it please?

Customer:

Yes it is suitable 921 and 912

JACUSTOMER-jf9m3kng- :

OK I will go ahead and order accordingly

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-jf9m3kng- :

Thanks help

JACUSTOMER-jf9m3kng- :

Nothing else and thank you of further assistance

Customer:

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance.

Customer:

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just to confirm replacement fan assembly arrived on Saturday and was fitted without any difficulty. Noise gone, problem solved

thanks

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Great :) Thanks