bryanpaul52
bryanpaul52, Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech
10522817

I have a Maytag model M2260iSSB that suddenly dispensed water

I have a Maytag model M2260iSSB that suddenly dispensed water from the dispenser.
Is this likely to be a solenoid, are the electric controls behind the front plastic control panel?
Thankyou in anticipation mr fowles
Expert:  bryanpaul52 replied 2 years ago.
If you switch this from water to ice does the water stop ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have reconnected the electric and it now works normally. The ice maker was off when the original problem happened. When the problem occured there was an electric sensation in the freezer door handle (metal handle). Possibly a switch malfunctioned and produced this only to reset ?
I was not using the dispenser when it originally discharged water on its own.
MM , It sounds like you may have a short in the dispenser from what your saying. If you felt an electrical tingle through the handle . This may have been a moisture problem causing the dispenser to ground . If it happens again you will need to see if theres a short . Shorts can be very difficult to find though. Let me know if this happens again and I'll see if I can get you some diagrams to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks Brian. I have someone coming to give a check over. Funny how it is now behaving itself
Regards Keith
It could be like I said moisture that caused it and now its dried out. I you feel the electrical tingle Please do get it look at. Have a great day and please
We use the honor system here at Just Answer so please remember to rate my service before you leave..
Thanks and best wishes, Bryan