KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

i have a hobart fxd200 undercounter dishwasher (no manual,inherited)

Customer Question

i have a hobart fxd200 undercounter dishwasher (no manual,inherited) that will not go onto a wash cycle, it will fill and empty but wont go on a washing cycle
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is it approx ?

JACUSTOMER-k835c9qt- :

2003 from the makers stamp

Customer:

OK, as it fills and then drain but will not start the problem is with the motor that is bad and needs replacement

Customer:

have you already tried cleaning the drain pump ?

JACUSTOMER-k835c9qt- :

no, have not tried that . would that make a difference ?

Customer:

You can pull it out and try to clean the drain pump assembly...if the problem is still there after this is done then the motor has to be replaced, a new one will cost around £155

Customer:

cleaning might help sometimes...however, as it drains fine so it is likely a bad motor..sorry about the bad news

JACUSTOMER-k835c9qt- :

ok i will try that, thanks

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance

Customer:

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-k835c9qt- :

ok ,thanks. the machine did go on a wash cycle ,without me looking at the pump, would the drain pump affect the washing?. I can look at that tomorrow if needed

Yes, please let me know after you have checked it... Thanks