canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

electrolux fridge freezer is making a loud whooshing noise

Customer Question

electrolux fridge freezer is making a loud whooshing noise somehting like like water refilling after a toilet has been flushed. Not constant but long periods over a day. Any indications as to what causes this and how it can be fixed?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field years. I will be very glad to help you today The insulation on the small capillary tube where it enters the evaporator in the freezer section may have fallen off. Is the refrigerator icing up or otherwise not functioning properly? Do you have any ice buildup inside the freezer?

JACUSTOMER-t7zvyimm- :

I doubt that anything will have fallen off as it is a built in fridge/freezer. The fridge is not icing up and there is very little ice build up inside the freezer.

canuck the pro :

There is insulation on the tube that is mostly dampening. Will you be conducting the repair or are you just getting an idea what may be at issue before calling someone out? Does the sound seem to come from the freezer compartment? Does the sound stop if you open the freezer door?