KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My bosch logixx tumble dryer is having the same problem as

My bosch logixx tumble dryer is having the same problem as the post but it just happened to I haven't replaced anything yet. It just stopped again
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

Customer:

it is eco logixx 7 and it's about 4 years old

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, can you please post the E nr of this appliance

Customer:

WTW84560gb/11

KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks for that... what is the problem with the dryer, unfortunately I am unable to see that post

Customer:

It runs for a little bit then stops. The drum seems to be fine, I've emptied condenser and filter.

KevinWhiteJA :

was it heating fine before this problem start ?

Customer:

Yes it was we did a couple of loads over the weekend and I think one successful load yesterday

KevinWhiteJA :

and there are no lights flashing ?

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean it just starts and then after a few seconds/minutes stops with no flashing lights...everything else is fine ...?

Customer:

Yes that is what happens it runs for about 5 minutes, no flashing lights

KevinWhiteJA :

ok and it wont show any fault code when it stops ?

Customer:

I don't think so, by the time I get there, there is an arrow all the way on the right up against a vertical line

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, it seems either the heater element or the heater sensor has gone bad and needs replacement...the appliance starts and when it is time for the element to kick in it wont start and so it stops there

KevinWhiteJA :

you have already cleaned the condenser and filter so it is more likely the sensor or the element

Customer:

Oh dear so I need a service call anyway, I wash hoping to avoid that

KevinWhiteJA :

how good are you with DIY repairs ?

Customer:

I don't think very, putting together Ikea furniture is about it for my handiness

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, usually cleaning the heater element & the air channel behind it solves the problem however...it is better to check the element and the sensor as well

KevinWhiteJA :

a new sensor will cost around £11 + labor and a new element will cost around £60 + labor

Customer:

So it's possible if I pull the dryer out and have a look, it might save a call out?

KevinWhiteJA :

yes, with the dryer unplugged...take it out and remove the heater cover at the back...closely check the area behind the heater for bad build up of fluff..

Customer:

Great thanks, ***** ***** that and if that doesn't help, I'll call someone.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance.... Good Day

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks