Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916
Appliance

I have an AEG Santo fridge (model 72348-KA). Recently there

has been a significant build... Show More
has been a significant build up of ice at the inside rear of the fridge. I defrosted it but weeks later and it is back again. Any idea what he problem is likely to be?
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you confirm for me which refrigerant is being used, it will be on the rating plate inside the fridge and be either R600a or R134a ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-5y4mfrqd- : R600a
Dales-Electronic :

OK thanks, ***** ***** is the unit and is it keeping the correct temperature or do you get the feeling that the motor is running longer than it did previously?

JACUSTOMER-5y4mfrqd- : Hi, we've had it for 10+ years. Everything seems to be working as usual apart from the ice build up.
Dales-Electronic :

OK there are basically only two things that cause this build up, the appliance is short of gas or the door seal has a gap which is allowing warm moisture laden air into the cavity and thereby the moisture condenses out as ice on the back wall. If the unit is maintaining a correct temperature then you problem is with ingress of air. Check your internal termperature and the seals ~ Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the job but at the same time allows you to ask further questions free of charge ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-5y4mfrqd- : Seals are in perfect condition and temperature is constant, this is monitored by a LED display. Any other ideas as to what the problem could be?
Dales-Electronic :

Well as you understand, moisture has to get in there somehow, if the seals are good, the temperature is correct (and just because it says it is in the display doesn't always mean it actually is) then the only other thing is that something is being put in that is heavy in moisture. Can you give me the product code and I will look up the components and see if there is anything else.

JACUSTOMER-5y4mfrqd- : It's an AEG Santo, model 72438-KA, serial number 44400906, PNC *********
Dales-Electronic :

Could you put a # ***** before the pnc the computer has blanked it out thinking its a phone number

JACUSTOMER-5y4mfrqd- : #927718821
Dales-Electronic :

Thanks ~ Ian