Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Danfoss 4033 control unit fitted with an Ideal W boiler.

I have a Danfoss 4033 control unit fitted with an Ideal W boiler. The unit was replaced 4 or 5 years ago. In the last few days the unit has stopped working in that operating the switches for the CH or HW, on, off or timed makes no difference as the boiler stays on. The only way i can control the boiler ow is to switch off the unit at the mains. Is it likely the problem is the Danfoss unit has gone U/S again?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Customer:

Dales-Electronic :

Yes sadly you will have to change over the controller _ they are still readily available so it is just a direct exchange _ Ian

Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** to be sure that is the problem before i spend the money on a new one and nothong else could be causing the problem.
Dales-Electronic :

No abviou

Dales-Electronic :

No the boiler works fine it is just the control of it that's at fault and that is totally down to the 4033. Sorry to be the purveyor of bad news ~ if you could now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below I can shut down the job but in doing so you can come back at any time and ask further questions foc ~ Ian