KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a neff dishwasher and it gas an intermittent problem

Customer Question

I have a neff dishwasher and it gas an intermittent problem where it wont start.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-u2g3nwst- :

I will get back to your shortly on the model number. it is 6 years old and is a built-in model

Customer:

, ok...also please elaborate your problem

JACUSTOMER-u2g3nwst- :

The model is a neff sm6p1f

JACUSTOMER-u2g3nwst- :

The problem IsIs gettinggetting thethe dishdishwasher to start a cycle. Once it starts, it will drain and make a bit of noise but then it just stalls and you have to reset it. Sometime it will take 5,6 or7 go

JACUSTOMER-u2g3nwst- :

Attempts before it will start. Initially I assumed it was something to do with the filter and tried removing and cleaning it but it doesn't seem to make any difference

Customer:

OK, and the noise always comes when it is draining ?

JACUSTOMER-u2g3nwst- :

You can hear it drain OK. If I pour some water in, it drains it away. Just seems to make normal noises. It carries on a short while after draining and then beeps and stops.

Customer:

OK, as you have already cleaned the filter...I believe the problem is either with the motor or the heating element