George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

ModelV5340X2GB,fully integrated washing m/c purchased new mid

ModelV5340X2GB,fully integrated washing m/c purchased new mid '09, perfect running up to recently now stopping before completing washing cycle.(60,40,30.) Digital clock registers E 06 accompanied by high pitched alarm bleep. Cause & solution if possible?.
Thanks Breda Dublin.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Brenda, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

What happened when you manually forwarded the program to spin?

George-Allsorts :

The problem is usually related to a draining issue.. and the first port of call would be to check the filter

Customer: Is the filter on the front bottom right of the machine & how is it opened.
Customer: Awaiting further response George
Customer: Can you respond George
George-Allsorts :

Hello again, sorry I was unavailable.

There is a plate at the base of the appliance that is held on with two screws... Once you remove it you will see the pump on the left side... To undo the filter, just turn to the left.. Be careful, use a towel as there will be water in there. If it is jammed, do not force it.

George-Allsorts :

When I'm not available, just leave a message and I will answer you on my return

Customer: As this is integrated all I can see is a small 2" panel with a type of rubber grey button but no screws
George-Allsorts :

Is the kickboard removed?

George-Allsorts :

Here is an image... the screws are highlighted in yellow.. and the area where the pump resides is highlighted in yellow with a red square

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Have you found it?

Customer: That was very helpful got to the filter & out popped 3 small coins! hope that's the end won't confirm till later today. Many thanks George.
George-Allsorts :

At least you know where it is for the next time that happens too.. not too much of a task.

If it does ever happen again and you can't get the filter open, don't force it as it will break and they are £60+ vat to buy