Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I had a Danfoss heat pump installed at home 9 months ago; one

I had a Danfoss heat pump installed at home 9 months ago; one of the features is that it links to the Danfoss internet site; the link worked fine for the first 6 months but recently it keeps going offline (sending a warning message " Has not been able to resume connection with DCM"; sometimes I can cure this by unplugging the cable from my Danfoss control box from my 'always-on' Sky router, and then reconnecting, but this seems hit and miss and doesn't always work; is there anything else I can try?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please give it 24 hrs then cancel the query (and reverse the charge). many thanks

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
This is not a problem with the Heating systems connecting capabilities as it is trying to connect from that end.
This is an issue with the router or modem, (usually the modem).
To solve this you will need to call your internet service provider and they will help you set up a permanent connection so it will always connect. They will talk you through this procedure, its pretty easy but it does require them to set that up for you;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your reply

The router/ modem is a Sky box which is always on (in fact there's no 'on/off' switch); several pc's are also connected to it and they have no difficulty connecting; there's a symbol on the display on the heat pump to indicate it is connected to the internet but just doesn't get thru to the danfoss website (or rather has recently started to drop the link). I'm not sure Sky would be able to assist; I think the issue might be with danfoss but nowhere on their website is an address for their tech support?

Roger

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for the reply, I have seen this many times over the last 20 years lol, with various appliances.
Im sure its with the setup of the service not the heating system or the modem itself. Also the fact that you have many devices hooked up to it ensures that as well.
But your service provider can fix this for you;-)
Please rate at this point and I will stick with you in case it does turn out to be a different issue which I doubt;-)
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.