KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Kevin, my Beko washing machine won't drain. I have manually drained it and checked

Hi Kevin, my Beko washing machine won't drain. I have manually drained it and checked the filter - no blockage. I can't reach the pipe to disconnect it from the machine to check for a blockage without turning it on it's side or I know more about how to disconnect it at arms reach. Should I do this? Do you know how to disconnect/check the drainage pipe for a blockage? It's a WME7247S. The pump does not sound as if it's operating properly (not making the usual 'chug chug sound) - initially there is some noise coming from it, then nothing. Are you able to diagnose my fault please?
Cheers
Lisa
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi Lisa, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is this washer ?

Customer: 5 years. It's been in storage for 2 years
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, with the washer unplugged... please check to make sure that nothing is blocking the drain hose and pump

KevinWhiteJA :

also as it is not making the usual sound, either something is stuck in there causing this issue or the pump itself has gone bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

Please let me know how it goes