George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a Bosch Gourmet combination microwave/oven model E

Customer Question

We have a Bosch Gourmet combination microwave/oven model E HME9750GB/03,
FD 8203 800 85600.
In the roof of the appliance there is a large 3-4" across by app 1 deep, circular glass cover (Not the glass cover over the light bulb) that fits over what I presume is the microwave sender (whatever the correct term is I do not know.)
This glass cover fits in like an inverted dish and locks in by rotating.
In the original owner manual, there is an illustration of the Item on page 56 where it talks about removing the glass cover ()It states unscrew the glass cover from the detent?
I have been in touch with Bosch and they have sent me a drawing of the appliance listing all parts.
To my eye, the item I am talking about appears to be coded as 08 6626 and it covers over the microwave source from presumably excess moisture/heat or steam, or focuses the microwaves.
Whatever it does, the item has cracked in half and I have some months ago attempted a repair which has now failed again and the glass has cracked across in another place.
I have tried unsuccessfully to trace a replacement but keep coming across it not being available any longer.
Have you any ideas how:-
I can source a replacement.
Repair again the cracked and broken cover I have
And if a repair or replacement cover is not available, can I continue to use the microwave/grill and oven as normal.
I cannot believe that an expensive appliance like this has to be scrapped due to unavailability of a piece of glass.
Iann Grimmett.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Do you mean this one?

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

This company has it in stock according to their website

Big Warehouse Spares

But it is in Australia so the cost is a bit steep

Customer:

Contacting Au and am hoping I get aa result and that they are willing to post it to me.

Customer:

If this is the beast an d they are helpful, a result, thanks.

George-Allsorts :

Took a while to find it but I'm glad to have prevented another good machine going to waste

Customer:

EMAILING AUSTRALIA AND HOPING THEY WILL POST

George-Allsorts :

Ok

Customer:

I have heard back from Au.

Customer:

I have heard back from Australia, the way the part is displayed on the web site, as you stated, shows it as available. Apparently this is not the case and they have come back to me stating the part is no longer available even though they have had a search. unless you have any other ideas this is all very disappointing. Why they show the part as available I have no idea.

George-Allsorts : Sorry to hear that.. I'm away up in Scotland few days but will have another look when I get back.. I can't hold up much hope though, unless the likes of eBay has one
George-Allsorts : I tried
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there any way that you may have other contacts or information on this part availability anywhere at all.

There must be one out there somewhere.

It seems crazy that we have to scrap the oven as it is unuseable due to a piece of glass.

Ian