KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065
Appliance

I have an Hitachi L32HP03U that was working just fine.

I have an Hitachi L32HP03U... Show More
I have an Hitachi L32HP03U that was working just fine. But tonight it has been turned off and then back on again and now the standby light is flashing blue and red alternatively but it will not turn on.Have you got any ideas what has happened and how to rectify the fault.
Thank you in anticipation.
Mark
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi Mark, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : About 5 1/2 years old.
Customer:

Thanks for that....is it flashing in a set sequence or those are continuous flashes ?

JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : I would say it is flashing in a set sequence.
Customer:

ok and what is that pattern ? can you please count the flashes ? like 3 flashes then a pause or something like that ...

JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : Sorry Kevin think I misled you the flashes are continuous red rhen blue then red then blue noause between.
Customer:

OK, can you please unplug it and while it is unplugged... press and hold the Power button on the TV for around 20 seconds...now after 2 minutes plug it back and press the power button once, let me know if it still blinks continuously

JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : Hi Kevin tried as you have suggested and the same thing has happened with the flashing blue and red lights.
Customer:

and it is continuous flashing ?

JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : Yes continuous flashing with no pause between. Quite a fast pattern of flashes.
Customer:

OK, this indicates a problem with power supply board of the unit...are you willing to repair it yourself ?

JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : I am quite handy with tools but have not done this type of thing before. Is it a case of replacing pcb or similar once the back is opened and roughly how much would the spare part cost.
Customer:

yes with the back removed...you will have to check all the caps on the board... if any look puffed , replace them

Customer:

looking at the age it is always better to replace the board

JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : Hi Kevin any idea on cost of new board and is any soldering required to replace the board.
Customer:

a new board will cost around £45

Customer:

it is available here for £17

Customer:

sorry for delay in response was checking its avalability

Customer:

that is the repair kit available for power supply board

JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : Ok what I will do is have a go at taking back off and see how easy to get too. Which might not be until tomorrow . How do you want to leave this chat tonight.
Customer:

you can buy it from here

Customer:

Sure...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further
assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service...Thanks

JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : As long as I can get to the board I willrobab
JACUSTOMER-7j63o245- : Meant to say will probably replace board rather than use the repair kit.
Customer:

OK, let me know how it goes

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kevin
We spoke last week about the above tv power board. Just to let you know that I ordered one on weds and it arrived on Friday morning. Did the exchange on the TVs. Turned on and it all worked just right.
Thank you for your help and suggestions. It was the first time of using the Just Answer website so I was not sure how it would work out but I am very happy with the service. I will use it again.
Thanks. Mark.
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago.
Great :) Thank You