George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have just inherited a servis dishwasher which about 10 years

Customer Question

We have just inherited a servis dishwasher which about 10 years old. It seems to wash ok but when its finished the cycle there is about 5cms of water left in the bottom. Any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

You will need to check the filters, the pump, and the pump outlet hose for debris and for congealed fats

JACUSTOMER-axio7ar6- :

OK George,I will try that. If that doesn't help can I get back to you Dave

George-Allsorts :

Certainly Dave

George-Allsorts :

If I am not here, just leave a message and I will come back to you on my return or an colleague will respond for me

JACUSTOMER-axio7ar6- :

Cheers

George-Allsorts :

You're welcome

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried the things you suggested and all were fine.Ran through another cycle but it just would not pump any water out so I can only think it must be a faulty valve or something with the programmer so have decided to scrap it but thanks for your help.

Watch that you do not have a coin stuck in the drain hose entrance as this will also prevent draining intermittantly as it flips onto its side